- Supervising and assisting employees who use UChicago Time.
- Correcting and approving worked hours for employees under your supervision.
- Editing and approving reported absence time.
- Applying premiums, bonuses, and other earnings codes to worked time, where appropriate.
- Approving or rejecting pending scheduled time off.
- Approving monthly absence reports.
- Scheduling temporary shift changes.
- Running reports.
- Communicating any questions, issues or requests to your HR administrator.
Step 1 - Make sure you have a CNetID
A CNetID and password are required to log into the UChicago Time application.
- If you already have a CNetID, you are set.
- If you do not have a CNetID, you can obtain one on the web at http://cnet.uchicago.edu.
- If you do not know whether or not you have a CNetID, go to the University Directory Search at http://directory.uchicago.edu/ and look yourself up. If you have a CNetID, it will display in the directory entry as a [CNet ID]@uchicago.edu email address.
- If you are a Hospital Employee with no CNetID work with your University employee’s HR Administrator to complete the “Time and Attendance Non-Employee Approver Information” form. Once processed you will be able to login using your UCHAD ID. Please note, if an approver already has both a CNetID and UCHAD ID, then they don’t need to complete the “Time and Attendance Non-Employee Approver Information” form and will be required to use his/her CNetID when logging into UChicago Time to approve his/her employee’s time.
Step 2 - Make sure your email address is properly set up
UChicago Time uses your CNet email address to send messages to you. It is essential that you receive these messages. Your CNet email address is in this format:
[YOUR CNET ID]@uchicago.edu
- If you currently use your CNet email address to send and receive email at the University, you are all set.
- If you do not use a CNet email address to send and receive email at the University, you need to forward your CNet email address to the email address you normally use. Go to https://cnet.uchicago.edu/mailForward/ and log in using your CNetID and password. Select your Preferred Destination then click Submit.
Step 3 - Find out how you will be clocking your own time and who you may approve
- If you are a biweekly employee, you will use UChicago Time to clock your time, report absences, and check accruals. You may approve other biweekly employees, but not monthly employees.
- If you are a monthly staff employee, you will use UChicago Time to complete your own Monthly Absence Report. You may also use it to approve biweekly and other monthly employees.
- If you are a faculty member or other academic employee, you may only use the UChicago Time application to approve your staff employees.
Step 4 - Access the UChicago Time web application
- Check with your supervisor or HR administrator to confirm you are set up in the UChicago Time system.
- Click the Login link in the top right corner of this page. (Note: the Login link is always available at http://uchicagotime.uchicago.edu.)
- Log into the UChicago Time system by typing your CNetID and password. Make sure you type your password in the correct upper and lower cases.
- If you are unable to get into the system, and you are sure your CNetID and password are correct, you may not be set up in the system yet. Check with your supervisor or HR admininstrator for assistance.
If your are able to log into UChicago Time, you are all set to go. See the Training page on this website for information on how to use the system.