- Accurately clocking the beginning and end times for each work day.
- Reporting your absences such as sick time.
- Reviewing your timesheets for accuracy.
- Scheduling time off in advance such as vacation and personal holidays.
Step 1 - Make sure you have a CNetID
A CNetID and password are required to log into the UChicago Time application.
- If you already have a CNetID, you are set.
- If you do not have a CNetID, you can obtain one on the web at http://cnet.uchicago.edu.
- If you do not know whether or not you have a CNetID, go to the University Directory Search at http://directory.uchicago.edu/ and look yourself up. If you have a CNetID, it will display in the directory entry as a [CNet ID]@uchicago.edu email address.
Step 2 - Make sure your email address is properly set up
UChicago Time uses your CNet email address to send messages to you. It is essential that you receive these messages. Your CNet email address is in this format:
[YOUR CNET ID]@uchicago.edu
- If you currently use your CNet email address to send and receive email at the University, you are all set.
- If you do not use a CNet email address to send and receive email at the University, you need to forward your CNet email address to the email address you normally use. Go to https://cnet.uchicago.edu/mailForward/ and log in using your CNetID and password. Select your Preferred Destination then click Submit.
Step 3 - Find out how you will be clocking your time
Ask your supervisor or HR administrator whether you will use the Web Clock or a time clock swiping device to clock your time.
- If you are using the Web Clock, you will use the UChicago Time application to clock your time, report absences, and check accruals.
- If you are using a time clock device, you will swipe your card when you start and end your daily work period. You will only use the UChicago Time web application to report absences and check accruals.
Step 4 - Access the UChicago Time web application
- Check with your supervisor or HR administrator to confirm you are set up in the UChicago Time system.
- Click the Login link in the top right corner of this page. (Note: the Login link is always available at http://uchicagotime.uchicago.edu.)
- Log into the UChicago Time system by typing your CNetID and password. Make sure you type your password in the correct upper and lower cases.
- If you are unable to get into the system, and you are sure your CNetID and password are correct, you may not be set up in the system yet. Check with your supervisor or HR admininstrator for assistance.
If your are able to log into UChicago Time, you are all set to go. See the Training page on this website for information on how to use the system.